Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What's Your Kryptonite?

 I feel dazed and confused. I can’t seem to find my direction. Everything is so overwhelming at this point. The simplest tasks seem to be just too difficult. I can't even gather my thoughts to pray. I can see but a fog keeps clouding my thought process. My sensitive measure is on numb. I can't form any extra protection. No one can make me feel worse than I already do. All I can ask is that God just order my footsteps. Anoint my path and thoughts, that my actions won't be in vain. I have to be honest with myself. I'm not living in reality. I thought as long as I stayed focused and away from certain memories I'd be fine. But that isn't the way to live. I didn't realize how selfish my actions are. I was only concerned about my own feelings. I don't want to leave chunks out of my life. It’s all important because it’s what made me the person I am. Whenever it comes around; I grow weak, tired, helpless, speechless, emotional and defeated. It has become the kryptonite of my life. My kryptonite comes to haunt me twice a year: May 8th, my father's birthday and Dec.16th,  the day he died, which is also the birthday shared by my brother, sister and I. Whenever these dates approach, my body automatically knows. I become instantly depressed. The feeling is so strong that I even struggle to breathe at times. I wonder for days what’s wrong with me; until I notice the calendar. I recognize it. I try my best to shake it, but sometimes are harder than others. I've have come to realize that I can't do it alone.  I need a source of power much greater than just me. I cant't hide from it or try to ignore it. I need to build an immunity to it. I pray God will heal my heart, day by day and rejoice in him that my father rests with him.  I want my sons to know about their grandfather. I can't allow my feelings to hinder the knowledge of their heritage. Being Superwoman, I have to be prepared for it all. I can't choose which battles to fight. I don’t have any worries for my God is my captain and general.  I will give Him all the hurt and the pain that I currently feel.  I will be faithful and trust in Him; for I know he will mend my broken heart and carry me through.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I know I am one of three people that know how you feel. I wish I had the answer to your solitude, but i don't. I'll be praying.

Peaches1216 said...

Prayer is the only thing that can bring me through. I know our bond will make the transition smoother.

Michelle said...

I will keep praying for you.. I have faith that God will comfort you and provide you with clarity and strength during this difficult time. Amen. God Bless You!