Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cycling to Glory


Heavenly Inspiration From Out Of Anything….

I never realized until today what a spiritual experience working out can be. I always thought of it as something I had to do to lose and keep the weight off.

Believe me… as much as I love working out… I HAVE to psych myself out most days just to get going.

I have to be honest with myself to know that it’s the results I love more than the actual work involved.

While working out I imagine myself in that perfect size 12.

Yeah… I said it… I want to be an 12 not an 2 or an 8. I acknowledge the fact that God made me a big girl and I have come to love it… believe me it took some time.

I embrace my large body frame along with the big feet to match. I would look sick trying to be in the single digits. It may be for you but not for me.

I absolutely enjoy watching TV. with Luci. I can see his mind working as he processes all the information. I usually turn it into a game and encourage feedback whether the show does or not because what’s the point of making sure him watch educational programs if there put into practice.

Anyway, while seeing myself in that perfect image of me I would get lost in the music.

My music is so important for me to have a good workout.

It keeps me moving but no matter what I can’t stop focusing on the time!

Today, I got up ready for my 9:15am cycling class with Rusty.

I Never have to worry about his track selections because there always on point. Rusty loves rock( a vast variety) and the upbeat tempos and percussion gets me pumped up and singing. He has the whole class moving along with the music beat by beat. I can always anticipate the next move sequence.

Being such a lover of music…I appreciate his knowledge of music he shares with us.

Music has always been my escape from reality.

Even though I was grooving to the tunes and making sure my resistance was set before he calls me out.

I kept looking at the clock on the wall behind me.

That quick glance at clock would throw me off course. I would have to get back in gear to make sure I was following Rusty’s next command.

And that takes a little extra effort to follow speed.

After, a couple more clock checks; my mind went into a different direction.

So sweetly yet sternly spoken.. “Don’t focus on the length of time but on your efforts to finish this course successfully.”

I began to stagger a little on the bike because that little statement said so much to me.

When we go through difficult situations in life we’re so consumed with the pain and wondering when it will all end.

We become so focused on it that we can’t see ourselves out of the situation.

That’s where the real problem comes in.

We can’t do it alone and time is not controlled by us.

God holds the stopwatch to our destiny. He equips us with everything to finish the race. He doesn’t set us up to fail but to succeed, abundantly.

We have to know within ourselves it can be done.

Our efforts have to be for good. If we do everything half-heartedly or just waiting for our “session” to end we’ll never stop racing.

I know you’ve heard the “race has already been won” but what are you doing to get there.

It’s time to block out all those distractions and focus on your medal waiting for you at the finish line.

There is so much to gain by leaving it all to Him.

He asks us to trust and give Him our all; the rest is left to Him.

There isn’t a need to keep up with the time because once you give Him total control- It is Done. Just that simple.

No comments: