Saturday, July 18, 2009

Doing Me


Its sooo hard finding what you want out of life when you keep searching for "YOU" in other sources. Becoming a mother has been an adventure in itself. Constantly, wondering what to do and if I'm going to do it right. Thank God for prayer! I prayed so much from my baby being healthy and normal to potty training. During that time I was looking for playgroups for my son but actually I really wanted to find other mothers on "my" level. In the process of figuring out what I really wanted to do in life; NOW that I'm a mother. I knew what I wanted to do for my career but once I became a mother; I just wanted to make sure whatever it was I would be available to him. So I began to do something I never did before and that was focus on my passions. That was hard to do because I had ignored and pushed them aside for years. I knew that if I nurtured my passions and worked on development, I would get the time and flexibility with my son I needed and wanted. In battling that new form of thinking I keep searching for things to do in the community because I wanted to know what was available for my son. I just moved to Tampa and I needed to get familiarized with my community. I went to a lot of events had a great time but most importantly I gathered a lot of information but had no one to share it with. I visited tons of mommy websites but they all "sucked". They weren't up to Sanenyah standards. I didn't want to get stuck in forums all day... what mommy has the time? The calendars were blank because they relied on the following for input but lets be honest we come to those websites to get information because we don't know whats going on! I also got tired of the constant advertisements....felt like I was trying to be sold instead of informed. In my frustration I stopped searching and just gathered information. I just began "doing me"; I shared information with mothers who crossed my path. In "doing me" I found that these women wanted the same thing. I couldn't believe in this age of the Internet and social networking that mothers were still feeling alone and in the dark about so much. In coming to realize that reality I somehow morphed into becoming a valuable resource for a lot of women. I love being able to share and in doing so I have been able to connect with so many beautiful and awesome women. Yes, it is possible to have a good, positive relationships with other women...believe me at one point I wouldn't have believed it myself but it happens when you look to others before yourself. In the process of learning and sharing; building has begun. God has moved so much and so fast! In being apart of the movement I have let go and let God. I can't be selfish. I want women to know how to really connect. To accept their life experiences and share them with other women; so others faith will be strengthened and have the added reassurance of knowing that they're never alone. Women will be able to use their different educational, spiritual, cultural backgrounds and share that with others mothers besides the fact that they have children. Women will be able to embrace who they really are and use that as a way to connect in the life of motherhood. An open mind is important as well as a genuine love for "real women" with "real lives". I say all this to inform you and introduce you to my venture of SuperMommy. I would love for all those mommies, and soon to be mommies to join me in sharing and connecting with other awesome women in the Tampa Bay area.

No comments: