Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What is God's Will

For so long I have prayed over and over asking God for His Will. Wanting to do His will in everything I do. I was so concerned about messing up and not using His talents the way he intended. I didn't want to waste time focusing on myself and neglecting His plan. I prayed and prayed and yet I never felt satisfied. Then one day like so many conversations with my husband I expressed my confusion about God's plan for my life. He told me plainly..." just make a choice and God will take care of it all as long as I keep Him first and do what He asks of me". What does God ask of us? He wants us to Serve Him and His people. Sounds simple... but is it really. We have no problem serving Him because we know he's the provider of all things but when it comes to serving others its hard because we're so trapped by our selfish nature. He wants us to love one another and help others while putting our selves to the side. In thinking and dwelling on that; I have came to the conclusion that God has given me many talents and gifts and my job is to use them to bless others. My prayer is that everyday, Im on this earth I will be a blessing to someone. I know God will take me further than my mind can ever imagine but in all that I want to always remember my purpose and fullfil it honorably and graciously.

No comments: