Thursday, July 30, 2009

SuperFriends

Every good Superhero has a headquarters. Inside there is an administrator who delegates responsibilities. He even gives you a set of weapons to choose from. Most importantly they have their friends coming from home base. They all have very unique super powers and personalities. When in battle they create an awesome force that is unbeatable. They learn very early that the fight is hard and sometimes never ending but when their forces combine it’s an easy victory. In watching my favorite superheroes.... X-MEN, I have learned that it doesn't help to focus on your external traits but to embrace your gifts and use them for good. I am blessed to have several Superfriends and God is attracting more in my life everyday. Individuals who actually care about the well-being of others. They demonstrate that you don’t have to endure the battle alone. But yet, take the time to "pay it forward". When someone is on your mind heavily; pray for them and give them a call. We spend too much time talking about what we should do or could have done. We seem to lack the ability to put our good intentions into action. Recently, my vehicle was down and instead of getting down about it I just said "God you got". Well, he did! I had people I hardly knew calling me constantly asking; really telling me that they were coming to take me to my mommy and me classes, offering their cars, going out of their way to take my family and I to church. My friend, who doesn’t even know my brother, took it upon herself to take him back to Tallahassee because there was something IN her to do it. I have been in awe. Mostly, in shock because I never would have expected something like this; in this day and age but ''WHY NOT''! Isn't that how we all should be? Wait!! I'm not through! A wonderful man, my husband has known for a couple of months, decided to take it upon himself to fix our vehicle. Something IN him wanted to do it; without any type of payment. All he asked of my husband was to "remember to give and help another individual when given the opportunity." In experiencing this, I'm still trying to process all the awesome blessings God has brought in our lives in the recent months. "Give and it shall be given".....it’s really that simple. If you have any Superfriends in your life, tell them you love them and how much you've appreciated their influence. I have been privileged to experience God’s love through these people. It’s a constant reminder of our true purpose. We have to choose a role of a giver or taker. My personal goal is to unselfishly help another individual whenever given the opportunity. I don’t want to just focus on people within my circle. I want to help wherever there is a need. I want to use all that God has given me to bless the life of another. It’s not about me nor do I want any praise for DOING WHAT WE ALL SHOULD BE DOING! Our length on earth is short and unpredictable. When time is up; will you be considered a Super Friend? I dedicate this to my Awesome and Amazing GFC Family....you know who you are!!

No comments: